So, what is SEO?
SEO is a process… that never ends. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of matching your web pages to natural (or organic) search queries that pertain to your website or business. Search engines rely on a series of ranking factors that help determine which web pages are relevant for the current search.
Every search engine has it’s own set of ranking factors they use to determine relevance to the search query. Here are some of the most common ranking factors.
- Content Relevance – Content on the page matches the Search Query
- Backlinks – Other sources link to your pages.
- Domain Authority – Domain has been established and in good standing with search engines.
- Page Speed – Page loads quickly, providing a positive user experience.
- Mobile Friendly – Page is optimized for mobile users.
- Use of HTTPS – Site is encrypted for users browsing the web page.